The Weber Shandwick Minneapolis office and our client partner National Pork Board (NPB) were awarded two National PRSA Silver Anvil Awards in Content Marketing and Business-to-Business Marketing for work on the Insight to Action (I2A) campaign, a data-driven approach to help retailers, foodservice operators, packers and producers create profitable growth with pork.
As America’s demographics and meal preferences change, the pork industry has to stay top of mind to ensure younger and more diverse consumers see pork as a protein of choice. The campaign was designed to:
- Build support and enthusiasm among producers, packers and NPB staff, and engage them as ambassadors with other channel partners
- Instigate ideas for innovation among channel partners by providing data-based solutions
- Define and strengthen NBP’s reputation as the pork category expert
- Create motivation for consumers to choose pork
- Maintain real-time measures of pork demand
The foundation for I2A was primary quantitative and qualitative research conducted by NBP research partners C+R Research, Datassential and KRC Research, including online consumer surveys, meal tests, surveys of commercial and on-site operators, focus groups with diverse consumers, and online meal journal studies. After conducting research, NBP and Weber Shandwick created a content plan to leverage the data throughout the year, including a series of reports and white papers, a weekly newsletter for key audiences, industry thought leadership, and a social media campaign.
The program surpassed expectations, resulting in significant newsletter engagement, social media engagement, and media stories. Importantly, channel partners shared positive feedback and interest, resulting in a significant increase in sales opportunities.